Saturday, March 8, 2014

Book Trailer for The Ninja Librarians: The Accidental Keyhand by Jen Swann Downey

Back in December, I wrote a review for The Ninja Librarians: The Accidental Keyhand by debut author Jen Swann Downey. When I shared my review on Twitter, I mentioned the author in my tweet. The tweet grabbed her attention, and Jen and I started communicating. At one point I asked whether she had considered making a book trailer. Meanwhile, I was secretly dying to make one myself because I loved the book that much. I tried not making one but I wasn't very successful. I made the first version of the book trailer, then shared it with Jen.

What started out as my own little pet project to share with my students to encourage them to read The Ninja Librarians unexpectedly turned into a collaborative project with the author herself. I know without a doubt that if anyone asked whether she deserves any credit for this book trailer, Jen would say, "No, it was all Monica." Because she's just that humble. In all honesty, Jen provided insight and a fresh set of eyes that made the book trailer even more appealing to young readers.

This has to be the coolest experience I've ever had as a librarian.

I'd also like to mention the music used in this book trailer. The song is "Restless Sea" by Indie rock band Windsor Drive. If you enjoy the music, you might want to check out the entire song on SoundCloud, then buy a copy of the song. I purchased it for $.99 on iTunes.

Without further ado, here's the book trailer for The Ninja Librarians: The Accidental Keyhand.


The Ninja Librarians: The Accidental Keyhand is set to be released April 15, 2014. You can follow Windor Drive on Twitter at @WindsorDrive . Jen Swann Downey is also on Twitter at @jenswanndowney

2 comments:

  1. Love it and can't wait to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was great working with Jen on this. I also can't wait for the book to be published since my ARC has expired.

      Delete