Sunday, March 23, 2014

Edgy Presentation Slides & Other Nifty Stuff with ScrapPad for iPads

I've been getting tired of the same old look of presentation slides even though I try to use a variety of presentation programs and apps - HaikuDeck, PowerPoint, and Google Presentation. Since I'm not a graphic design artist by any means, I really needed to look for some creative "cheats" to solve my dilemma. My solution: the ScrapPad app  by Album tArt, LLC. Yes, this app's intended use is digital scrapbooking but I won't let that stop me!




The following intro slide for my iPadpalooza presentation was created with the ScrapPad app using its Movie theme. I chose the background then added stickers and other "embellishments" -- the marquee, tickets, popcorn and the clapperboard. After that, all I had to do was import the image into Google Presentation and set it as the background for the first slide in my presentation.





For subsequent slides in my presentation, I uploaded the background only - the bells and whistles will be added in Google Presentation itself. 

Plain background - before the embellishments


I also thought it would be fun to use ScrapPad for promoting summer reading. The following image was created entirely on ScrapPad, then uploaded to Thinglink where the videos were added.



ScrapPad has a variety of themes in its collection, such as:

  • Movies
  • School
  • Mother's Day
  • Father's Day
  • Valentine's Day
  • Christmas & Easter
  • Summer, Winter, Fall and Spring

Of course, you can add more themes with in-app purchases for $0.99 each.

There are many, many digital scrapbooking apps available, but I chose ScrapPad because Apple listed it as one of its "Essential Apps." You can find out more about the app and watch video tutorials on the ScrapPad website. 

Just imagine the visually pleasing slideshow presentations you can create with ScrapPad.  ScrapPad is $4.99 on iTunes.




No comments:

Post a Comment